Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Wat Pa Thumma Uthayan

Wat Pa Thumma Uthayan is the name of the temple we went to in Khon Kaen.
According to my colleague the name means = forest ( Wat ), monk ( Pa ), National Park ( Thumma Uthayan )... so I guess it means the National park of forest monks.


It's my first time to stay over night at a temple, so am really excited.

They gave us small tents and a blanket to keep us warm, some people were lucky to get thin mats, I was one of the unfortunate ones.

We also have a tiny thai pillow, it resembles a wood block about 6 x 6 x 8 inches in dimension. I think it was filled with stones! haha, it was really really hard, you can knock out a person with it if you whack them in the head.

Here's how the sleeping quarters in the temple looks like:


( My little "house" )


( The "refugee camp" )


( Kelvin was unfortunate to get one of those tents that keeps falling apart )

No comments: